I was a Girl Scout for 10 years of my life and even to this day, I would say that my favorite cookie is the Tagalong. I came across this recipe online and was drooling immediately. Thanks to Kevin and Amanda, I now have yet another way to eat my favorite flavor of Girl Scout goodness (aside from frozen). I made these morsels for girls night, where I was in charge of dessert.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box cake mix (I used double chocolate instead of yellow)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 crunchy peanut butter
- 10-12 Girl Scout Tagalong cookies, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The recipe I followed recommended lining a baking dish with foil in order to reduce the amount of mess. Spray with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine cake mix, butter, egg and water into a bowl and mix until a dough forms. Press at the bottom of the baking dish and top with chocolate chips. Stir sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 peanut butter and pour over the dough and chocolate chips.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking periodically. My peanut butter + condensed milk mix was a bit thicker than I expected. When finished, let cool completely (this will be hard because, trust me, you will want to eat some) Cut into squares. Serve with soy cream or ice cream and enjoy!